The Development Officer reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for:
- Meeting with clients to assess needs and determine appropriate programs to meet needs;
- Assessment of business plans and loan applications;
- Monitoring and administration of our loan portfolio;
- Management and delivery of programs that assist businesses in growth and development;
- Promotion of programs and services throughout the region.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Degree in Business with specialization in accounting or finance or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of community economic development and business support services and programs;
- Experience in commercial lending, or a similar combination of training and experience;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including extensive spreadsheet experience;
- Good presentation and communication skills.
The anticipated start date for the position is August 29, 2016. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications. An excellent benefits package is included. Knowledge of region would also be an asset. A Certificate of Conduct and a valid driver’s licence and vehicle are required. Applications must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday, August 3, 2016.